[OS X TeX] TeXShop questions

Maarten Sneep maarten.sneep at xs4all.nl
Sat Mar 5 23:19:43 CET 2005

On 5 mrt 2005, at 22:24, Gerben Wierda wrote:

> On 5 Mar 2005, at 21:38, <rbmjk at alltel.net> wrote:
>
>> My previous linux distribution
>
> On Linux, most likely you were using teTeX or TeX Live. Those are the
> same (and behave the same) as TeX on Mac OS X that I redistribute.
>
> The front end stuff will differ. But the back end is the same
> (including finding input files etc.)

With one small change: on most linux systems the user texmf tree is in
~/texmf, while with Gerben's redistribution it is in ~/Library/texmf

Note that for the various tex programs and related utilities to
actually find the files, you'll need to mimic the structure that is
fond in the main texmf trees. Since you seem to be using a plain
(pdf)tex syntax, the private, reusable files need to be stored in
~/Library/texmf/tex/plain/ or one if its subdirectories. A more
detailed description can be found in
/Library/teTeX/README.howtexfindsfiles.txt.

Maarten

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>