[OS X TeX] TeXShop questions

Ross Moore ross at ics.mq.edu.au
Sat Mar 5 23:47:10 CET 2005

Hi Maarten, Gerben, and others,

On 06/03/2005, at 9:19 AM, Maarten Sneep wrote:

> With one small change: on most linux systems the user texmf tree is in
> ~/texmf,

This is how I work.

> while with Gerben's redistribution it is in ~/Library/texmf
>
> Note that for the various tex programs and related utilities to
> actually find the files, you'll need to mimic the structure that is
> fond in the main texmf trees.

I simply have a symbolic link

   ~/texmf  ---->  ~/Library/texmf

so that there is just the one tree, found in both places.
This gives me the best of both worlds, with one small addition:

   texmf.cnf  has the  HOMETEXMF  variable set, so that
          sudo  texhash
rebuilds  ls-R  for this local tree as well,
giving kpse speed to all package-finding.

Ross

Ross Moore                                         ross at maths.mq.edu.au
Sydney, Australia                                  fax: +61 +2 9850 8114

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>