[OS X TeX] BibTeX problems

Jason Davies ucgajpd at ucl.ac.uk
Thu Mar 3 16:55:33 CET 2005

>If it's BibDesk (as I suspect from your note about the error window),
>send me the .bib file off-list, tell me exactly what  you've done, and
>I'll take a look.

thanks to all the swift responses here and elsewhere (gosh!). I now have
a recovered version tat is working. But a couple of questions that
follow on:

1) the original file now causes BibDesk to simply fold and quit without
any fuss. I don't have time to debug it but if anyone wants it to help
BibDesk testing, I'm very happy to provide it.

2) I wanted to add notes like reviews etc. But if they contain double
quotes, then BibDesk complains that accents should be in braces. I don't
want to have tortuous procedures to drop such things into BibDesk.
What's the best way to proceed? I could set up a script that usedBBEdit
to clean up - any better ideas?

thanks again to everyone - I haven't contacted everyone who got in touch
off-list as I was chasing up the first responses and now have 1 working
file and 1 disaster zone...:-)
List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>