[OS X TeX] BBEdit and TeXShop - pointers?

Jason Davies ucgajpd at ucl.ac.uk
Thu Mar 3 14:19:08 CET 2005

>>Well, there is the CVS support which is nice -- I once lost a large
>>part of an important document I was editing, and CVS is a central
>>part in my backup strategy ever since. (Nothing that can't be done
>>from the terminal or could be done with AppleScript + shell scripts,
>>though)

getting OT but BBEdit (and TW?) will save a back up copy for every time
you save, and they recently got very excited on the list about writing a
script that auto-saved and cleaned up previous versions. I just save a
lot (almost all my scripts have a line to save) and occasionally dump
the hundreds of versions in the backup folder. So BBEdit has good
paranoia settings if that matters. just a FYI.
List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>