[OS X TeX] OT: eps2eps and fonts

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Sat Jul 16 11:14:00 CEST 2005

Am 16.07.2005 um 02:14 schrieb Bruno Voisin:

> Adobe Illustrator(480,0xa000ef98) malloc: ***  Deallocation of a
> pointer not malloced: 0x139f7ea8; This could be a double free(), or
> free() called with the middle of an allocated block; Try setting
> environment variable MallocHelp to see tools to help debug

Allô Bruno!

The error above is obviously a bug in AI -- you should report it to
Adobe!

> That works to extent that the preprocessed file is indeed opened by
> Illustrator; however, it seems the PS font (Courier) included in the
> original EPS file has been bitmapped by eps2eps. Is there a way to
> avoid this?

Probably you need to take a few steps: determine the actual fonts the
EPS file uses, determine the PFA or PFB font files, convert them to
usual flat files, put the converts or symlinks to the already flat
files into .../ghostscript/fonts, and add to Ghostscript's Fontmap file
Fontmap.GS entries like:

/Math1                                  (Math1.pfb)     ;
/Math1-Bold                             (Math1Bol.pfb)  ;
/Math1Mono                              (Math1Mon.pfb)  ;
/Math1Mono-Bold                         (Math1MonBol.pfb)       ;

The first column contains the PS font name as used in the file, the
second one contains the font file containing it.

I presume gs/eps2eps could not find the PostScript font files so they
were substituted by the ugly.gsf font ...

--
Greetings

   Pete

“I hope to die before I *have* to use Microsoft Word.”
      - Donald E. Knuth, 2001-10-02 in Tübingen.

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>