[OS X TeX] Good bye!

cormullion cormullion at mac.com
Sun Jan 30 18:31:54 CET 2005

Arno Kruse <arnokruse at macnews.de> said on 2005-01-30, 13:20 (+0100 GMT):

> and waked up bathed in sweat.

You have my sympathy. I’ve started TeX-ing last week and have been finding the learning curve precipitous to say the least. Nevertheless, I’ve been able to use my nice OS X fonts without problems.

To my surprise I found that the following TEX file worked for me immediately (after downloading _only_ tex-fat.dmg and Xetex) in TeXShop:

%&program=xelatex
%&encoding=UTF-8 Unicode

\documentclass[11pt]{article}
\usepackage{geometry}
\geometry{a4paper}
\font\1="Skia Regular" at 18pt
\font\2="Hoefler Text" at 12pt
\font\3="Times Roman" at 14pt
\font\4="Optima Bold" at 28pt
\font\5="Andale Mono" at 8pt

\begin{document}

\1 what do you think of this!

\2 and what do you think of this!

\3 and what do you think of this!

\4 this is one of my favourite fonts

\5 this is ideal for listings and stuff

\end{document}

(Will Robertson’s example didn’t work for me - presumably because I haven’t downloaded fontspec?).

I’m not too sure what you’re actually typing in those \font lines. Is it the display name, or the file name, or what?

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>