[OS X TeX] BBEdit - TeXniscope synchronization

Steven Shaviro shaviro at shaviro.com
Tue Dec 7 04:58:42 CET 2004

I've been trying to set up BBEdit/TeXniscope synchronization, using
Claus Gerhardt's scripts; but I've had all sorts of difficulties: with
flashmode, with the color sync symbol, and with synchronizing documents
that \include other documents, or that are themselves sub-documents
included in other documents.

Rather than asking for help to debug all these problems, I am wondering
if it is possible to just do something simpler: I'd be grateful for an
applescript that would just update the pdf when I requested it (rather
than continually), that would use pdfsync to move me to the
approximately correct location in TeXniscope (without adding any
special symbol as line marker, and hence without requiring the color
package), and that would work with documents that are included in
larger documents.

Thanks--

Steven Shaviro shaviro at shaviro.com
http://www.shaviro.com