[OS X TeX] Synchronization is not working on Texniscope+iTeXMac

Jérôme Laurens jerome.laurens at u-bourgogne.fr
Tue Dec 7 11:49:54 CET 2004

Le 7 déc. 04, à 02:45, Ahmed Hussein a écrit :

> hello All,
>
> I could not get PDF synchronization to work with Techniscope 0.3.3 +
> iTeXMac 1.3.15. It works when I use the internal viewer. Any ideas on
> what I can do to get it to work.
>
> Thank you.

To allow synch from TeXniscope to iTM, set the prefs of TeXniscope
(section paths) to

Editor command:

~/Library/TeX/bin/iTeXMac

Editor arguments:

edit -file "%file" -line %line

To use synch from iTM to TeXniscope.

Use TeXniscope as external viewer. Save the following shell script as
~/Library/Application Support/iTeXMac/bin/TeXniscope
(don't forget the executable rights with the following unix command

chmod u+x "~/Library/Application Support/iTeXMac/bin/TeXniscope"
)

If this happen not to work, you might have to install the latest iTM
patch

---------------------
#!/bin/sh
# this is TeXniscope script version 0.1
# this script should live in one of the standard locations:
# ?/Library/Application\ Support/iTeXMac/bin
# where ? is one of "", "~", "/Network"
# For the moment, it must live in ~/Library/Application\
Support/iTeXMac/bin
# it is planned to be shipped with the application
# - the file environment variable contains the posix path of the file
that TeXniscope should open
# - the source environment variable contains the posix path of the
source that TeXniscope should use for synchronization purpose
# - the line environment variable contains the line number to be
selected
# - the column environment variable contains the column number to be
selected
# this file must be executable (chmod u+x ...)
# For testing purpose, just uncomment the next line, modify the path of
course
if [ $#source>0 ]
then
osascript \
-e "tell application \"TeXniscope\"" \
-e "activate" \
-e "open file ((POSIX file \"$file\") as string)" \
-e "refresh of the front document" \
-e "the front document goto line $line of source \"$source\"" \
-e "end tell";
else
osascript \
-e "tell application \"TeXniscope\"" \
-e "activate" \
-e "open file ((POSIX file \"$file\") as string)" \
-e "refresh of the front document" \
-e "end tell";
fi
exit