[OS X TeX] Syntax colouring (was BBEdit 7.0)

Michael Murray mmurray at maths.adelaide.edu.au
Thu Nov 14 07:55:11 CET 2002

>>What syntax coloring would people like to see ??
>
>Make it look like Alpha's!

It seems to be the syntax coloring that is possible is as follows:

You can have seperate colors for each of the following items. I have
specified the colors I have  but they are user modifiable
to some extent depending on the package:

-----------
BBEDit:

comments  (red)

\anything (blue)

$anything between dollars$  (green)

---------

TeXShop:

comments (red)

\anything (blue)

{ } $ $ but not what is between them (green)

----------

Alpha:

Same as TeXShop basically.

I guess Alpha is very modifiable if you can write TcL.

------------
Some of the detail is different. In Alpha \$ is black green
in TeXShop \$ is blue green.

Does this fit with everyones experience? It would seem the only
change that BBEdit needs is to not colour the whole of a
string between $ just $'s and }'s

Michael

Assoc/Prof Michael Murray
School of Pure Mathematics         Fax: 61+ 8 8303
3696
University of Adelaide             Phone: 61+ 8 8303 4174
Australia  5005      Email: mmurray at maths.adelaide.edu.au
Home Page: http://www.maths.adelaide.edu.au/pure/mmurray
PGP public key:
http://www.maths.adelaide.edu.au/pure/mmurray/pgp.txt