[OS X TeX] Concatenate PDF files?

Bruno Voisin Bruno.Voisin at hmg.inpg.fr
Wed May 22 17:50:40 CEST 2002

> A friend of mine asked me about how to concatenate .pdf files into a
> single .pdf file, and I was sort of stumped. This came up in the
> context of creating a single .pdf file to put on a web page, where the
> individual .pdf files were created using TeXShop.
>
> Suggestions, anyone?

Yes, it's very simply done using pdfpages.sty (in
/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf/tex/latex/misc/). I had to do it recently
also for putting old files (MacWrite II files!) on a web page. I wasn't
aware of the other solutions, but the following worked for me: create a
file containing something like:

\documentclass[a4paper]{article}
\usepackage{pdfpages}

\begin{document}

\includepdf[pages=-]{Article-I-Titre}
\includepdf[pages=-]{Article-I-0}
\includepdf[pages=-,landscape]{Article-I-Tableau}

\end{document}

That's assuming you got files Article-I-Titre.pdf etc. in the directory
where you create this file. You can even have portrait and landscape
pages in the same final PDF file!

Bruno Voisin

"help" (no quotes) in the body.