[OS X TeX] Creating i-Packages for latex2html, latex2rtf etc.

Joseph Slater joseph.slater at wright.edu
Sun May 12 21:50:01 CEST 2002

I got latex2rtf to compile quite easily, but that may have been due to
my extensive set of installs via fink. latex2html is part of fink, so
you may be able to borrow from them. Unfortunately, I had since had to
reinstall my system, so I don't have the binary anymore for latex2rtf.
I'm also going away for the week so I won't be able to help until after
I get back.

Joe
On Sunday, May 12, 2002, at 11:03 AM, Gerben Wierda wrote:

> I have been investigating creating i-Packages for the installation of
> several extras, amongst others latex2html and latex2rtf. I started with
> latex2html, ten found out it needed the netpbm library if it were to be
> able to handle figures. netpbm is really old (1994 or so) and takes
> quite some tuning to get it compiled. While investigating that, I got
> stuk because some sort of rgb.txt file:
>
> /* CONFIGURE: If you have an X11-style rgb color names file, define its
> ** path here.  This is used by PPM to parse color names into rgb values.
> ** If you don't have such a file, comment this out and use the
> alternative
> ** hex and decimal forms to specify colors (see ppm/pgmtoppm.1 for
> details).
> */
> #ifndef RGB_DB
> #define RGB_DB "/usr/lib/X11/rgb"
> /*#define RGB_DB "/usr/openwin/lib/rgb.txt"*/
> #ifdef VMS
> #define RGB_DB "PBMplus_Dir:RGB.TXT"
> #endif
> #endif
>
> Given that I do not have X11 and also do not have openwin (talk about
> dead...), I would like to be contacted by someone who has actually done
> installing this stuff so that I can quickly create a binary
> installation for the rest. latex2rtf also seems to rely on X11, so this
> might again be a package I will not be able to make an i-Package for.
> Maybe I can do this together with someone who does run X11 as well.

> "help" (no quotes) in the body.
"help" (no quotes) in the body.