[OS X TeX] XY-pdf

Ross Moore ross at ics.mq.edu.au
Sun Apr 21 01:44:28 CEST 2002

> Hi,
> Has somebody known how to use the xy-pdf package ?

First you need to install it, as follows....
                  ^^^^^^^

The archive  xypdf.tar.gz  unpacks to folder 'xypdf Folder'
which contains a collection of 7 files having names:
  xypdf<something>.tex

You need to copy or move these into your texmf tree.

To find out where, use a command in a terminal window
           kpsewhich xy.sty

This should give something like:
	[go:~] rossmoor% kpsewhich xy.sty
	/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf/tex/generic/xypic/xy.sty

so the required location is:

	/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf/tex/generic/xypic/

To actually do the copy, you may need admin privileges.
So here's how I just did it (commands and comments):

cd ~                   # change to home directory
cd Desktop/Downloads   # change to sub-dir for receiving downloads
cd "xypdf Folder"      # need quotes to include the space in the name
sudo cp xy*.tex /usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf/tex/generic/xypic

After giving the password, the copy was done.
Now the files are ready to be used.

To use the pdf driver with Xy-pic,
   ^^^
just include  pdftex  as part of the loading options for the
xy package, in your document's preamble:

e.g. (LaTeX)
	\usepackage[xypdf,all,graph]{xy}
                    ^^^^^

(non-LaTeX)
	\input xy.tex
	\xyoption{xypdf}\xyoption{all}\xyoption{graph}

Hope this helps,

	Ross Moore

> Thanks,
> Jerome