[OS X TeX] XY-pdf

Ross Moore ross at ics.mq.edu.au
Sun Apr 21 23:48:55 CEST 2002

> Thanks very much for this.
> (where is that package located?)

http://www-texdev.ics.mq.edu.au/WARM/xypdf.tar.gz

http://www-texdev.ics.mq.edu.au/WARM/  gets you to the
home-page for the WaRMreader macros.
These allow you, among other things, to put TeX typeset labels
over an imported image, with any flavour of TeX or LaTeX.
There are many examples at this site, in both HTML and PDF.

It works by using the images dimensions to establish a coordinatised
Xy-pic diagram. Labels and other annotations are placed with great
accuracy, either by using the coordinates directly, or (usual)
symbolically by reading the coordinates of "marked" points from
an auxiliary file that can be constructed independently.

Hope this helps,

	Ross Moore

> -TR
>
> on 4/20/02 7:44 PM, Ross Moore, typed:
>
> >> Has somebody known how to use the xy-pdf package ?
> >
> > First you need to install it, as follows....
> >                 ^^^^^^^
> >
> > The archive  xypdf.tar.gz  unpacks to folder 'xypdf Folder'
> > which contains a collection of 7 files having names:
> > xypdf<something>.tex
> >
> > You need to copy or move these into your texmf tree.
> >
> > To find out where, use a command in a terminal window
> >          kpsewhich xy.sty
> >
> > This should give something like:
> > [go:~] rossmoor% kpsewhich xy.sty
> > /usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf/tex/generic/xypic/xy.sty
> >
> > so the required location is:
> >
> > /usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf/tex/generic/xypic/
> >
> > To actually do the copy, you may need admin privileges.
> > So here's how I just did it (commands and comments):
> >
> > cd ~                   # change to home directory
> > cd Desktop/Downloads   # change to sub-dir for receiving downloads
> > cd "xypdf Folder"      # need quotes to include the space in the name
> > sudo cp xy*.tex /usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf/tex/generic/xypic
> >
> > After giving the password, the copy was done.
> > Now the files are ready to be used.
> >

> > To use the pdf driver with Xy-pic,
> >  ^^^
> > just include  pdftex  as part of the loading options for the
> > xy package, in your document's preamble:
> >
> > e.g. (LaTeX)
> > \usepackage[xypdf,all,graph]{xy}
> >                   ^^^^^
> >
> > (non-LaTeX)
> > \input xy.tex
> > \xyoption{xypdf}\xyoption{all}\xyoption{graph}
> >

> > Hope this helps,
> >
> > Ross Moore

> "help" (no quotes) in the body.
"help" (no quotes) in the body.