[OS X TeX] ttf2tfm?

Bruce D'Arcus bdarcus at mac.com
Mon Apr 15 21:27:06 CEST 2002

I sent this earlier, but it doesn't seem to have worked.

I came across the script ttf2tex, which seems perfect for easy installation
of truetype fonts for use in pdftex (can we say i-Installer package??).  My
problem, though, is the following:

The script requires ttf2tfm.

Ttf2tfm is part of Freetype.  So, I download and install freetype and Bash
via Fink.  Everything seems fine, except that ttf2tfm is really part of
another optional package called ttf2pk, which is NOT available as a Fink
package.  So I get errors when I run the script.

Soo...my question is, how do I get ttf2tfm installed and working properly?
I have not had much luck compiling source code.

A quick google search turned up a question about this awhile back, but no
answer...

Bruce

"help" (no quotes) in the body.