[OS X TeX] fonts and ttf2tfm?

Bruce D'Arcus bdarcus at mac.com
Tue Apr 16 16:29:48 CEST 2002

On 4/16/02 5:12 AM, "Gerben Wierda" <sherlock at rna.nl> wrote:

> On Monday, April 15, 2002, at 06:36 , Bruce D'Arcus wrote:
>
>> Gerben, maybe it'd be nice to have ttf2tfm installed by default (or as
>> an i-Package?)?
>
> Yes, however, I will need someone to send me a good binary. This stuff
> depends on freetype, which depends on X11, and my system is X11 free.

If nobody else volunteers, I could do it (Fink made me install X11 before
the original Freetype package was installed).  I'd need specific
instructions though (like, type this, then that, etc.), so I may be more
hindrance than help :-)

I've been trying to iron out the kinks with running ttf2tex on my system
with the author, but am not quite there yet.  I downloaded the freetype
source and compiled it, but now the script can't find ttf2tfm.  If anyone
has any experience with this please let me know.

That said, once I do get it worked out, this thing will be very useful.  It
will allow extremely easy installation of truetype fonts (though for a
certain Apple font I want to use, I converted it first to PC format), and
could be the basis for then putting together an additional i-Package that
would address Type 1 fonts (which seems more difficult to me, because of the
encoding stuff).

Bruce

> I would like to produce a font i-Package (other thing stoo, like adding
> TeX's pfb's to ghostscript, I already have a submitted script for that)

"help" (no quotes) in the body.