[OS X TeX] fonts and ttf2tfm?

Bruce D'Arcus bdarcus at mac.com
Mon Apr 15 18:36:35 CEST 2002

More struggling with font installation...

Does anyone have any experience using ttf2tex on OS X?  From the readme:

> ttf2tex is a Bash shell script which generates all files required to
> use TrueType fonts with teTeX from a set of .ttf files. In short, it
> will do for TrueType fonts what fontinst's \latinfamily command does
> for Type 1 PostScript fonts. ttf2tex is designed for Linux/UNIX
> systems running teTeX.

This seems a promising way to install TTF fonts for use in pdftex.  My
problem is that I don't know how to get ttf2tfm working (which this
script depends on).   I used Fink to download the "freetype 1.3.1-4"
package.  When I ran my script, I got an error.  It seems the Fink
package doesn't install ttf2tfm, and so I don't know how to get that
installed.  A quick google search turns up others on the list who
previously dealt with this, but no answers.

Suggestions?

Gerben, maybe it'd be nice to have ttf2tfm installed by default (or as
an i-Package?)?

Bruce

"help" (no quotes) in the body.