[luatex] updates to various lua* packages breaks..something.

Ulrike Fischer luatex at nililand.de
Fri Apr 26 11:31:32 CEST 2013

Am Fri, 26 Apr 2013 10:17:00 +0200 schrieb Khaled Hosny:

> I think the point of file: was to use kpse to locate the files bypassing
> the name database entirely, it might not be clear from the documentation
> but it has always been the intent. Fonts outside TEXMF tree have to be
> given as full paths, just like any kpse lookup.

On windows fonts in the system font folder are found by kpse -- with
miktex and with texlive2012:

Miktex:
G:\Temp>kpsewhich arial.ttf
C:/Windows/Fonts/arial.ttf

TeXLive2012:
G:\Temp>kpsewhich arial.ttf
c:/Windows/fonts/arial.ttf

So "file:" works fine for this fonts too.

With Miktex some other locations like e.g. the font folder of the
Adobe Reader works too.

--
Ulrike Fischer
http://www.troubleshooting-tex.de/