[luatex] updates to various lua* packages breaks..something.

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Fri Apr 26 20:57:08 CEST 2013

On 2013-04-26 at 11:31:32 +0200, Ulrike Fischer wrote:

 > Am Fri, 26 Apr 2013 10:17:00 +0200 schrieb Khaled Hosny:
 >
 > > I think the point of file: was to use kpse to locate the files bypassing
 > > the name database entirely, it might not be clear from the documentation
 > > but it has always been the intent. Fonts outside TEXMF tree have to be
 > > given as full paths, just like any kpse lookup.
 >
 > On windows fonts in the system font folder are found by kpse -- with
 > miktex and with texlive2012:
 >
 > Miktex:
 > G:\Temp>kpsewhich arial.ttf
 > C:/Windows/Fonts/arial.ttf
 >
 > TeXLive2012:
 > G:\Temp>kpsewhich arial.ttf
 > c:/Windows/fonts/arial.ttf
 >
 > So "file:" works fine for this fonts too.

You probably have OSFONTDIR set, either in texmf.cnf or in the
environment.

On Linux I get

  $ kpsewhich -var-value=OSFONTDIR
  /please/set/osfontdir/in/the/environment

 > With Miktex some other locations like e.g. the font folder of the
 > Adobe Reader works too.

Strange.  This is the content of the file Reader9/Resource/LICREAD.TXT:
The font software contained in this package is being licensed to you solely
for use with the Adobe Reader product ("Adobe Reader") subject to
the terms and conditions of the Electronic End User License Agreement
accompanying the Adobe Reader.

  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25