[luatex] letterspacing in LuaTeX

Taco Hoekwater taco at elvenkind.com
Sun Jul 25 12:15:24 CEST 2010

On 07/25/2010 12:12 PM, Elie Roux wrote:
> Pablo Rodríguez a écrit :
>> Hi there,
>>
>> I have read in the microtype documentation (page 39) that tracking is
>> not supported in LuaTeX because the \letterspacefont is missing.

It is rightly disabled: the primitive exists, but it does not actually
work. I'll add a tracker item. Letterspacing was disabled a long time
ago during the font backend rewrite, and I forgot to restore the
feature afterwards. By now, it takes some work as the code has deviated
quite a bit from the original in pdftex.

Best wishes,
Taco