[lltx] Problem with slanted fonts

Ulrike Fischer news3 at nililand.de
Wed Sep 15 17:00:36 CEST 2010

Am Wed, 15 Sep 2010 11:31:40 +0200 schrieb Yves Scherrer:

> Hi,
> I have installed TexLive 2010 and am trying out Lualatex.
> When typesetting the following example:
>
> \documentclass{article}
> \usepackage{fontspec}
> \setmainfont{Gentium Basic}
> \begin{document}
> \textsl{hello}
> \end{document}
>
> the resulting pdf file contains the following line:
>
> Basic/I:mode=node;script=latn;language=DFLT;hello
>
> I wouldn't expect to find the font features in there...
> What am I doing wrong here?

Nothing. It is a bug, due to the space in the font name.

Until the bug is repaired you can remove the space from the font
name (GentiumBasic), or you can use \textit instead of \textsl. This
will give the same result anyway as long as you don't use the
SlantedFont-option to declare a specific slanted font.

--
Ulrike Fischer