[lltx] location of font cache /fontspec and microtype

Ulrike Fischer news3 at nililand.de
Wed Jun 23 16:26:41 CEST 2010

Hello,

1. The script mkluatexfontdb claims:

"The output database file is named otfl-fonts.lua. By default it is
placed
in $TEXMFVAR/luatex/generic/luaotfload/names"

Well in my case is not there but in the same root where the script
resides in tex/luatex/luaotfload/names.

Is this simply a documentation error or is there something wrong
with my setup? (lualatex finds map files in my TEXMFVAR =
!!$USERPROFILE/Lokale Einstellungen/Anwendungsdaten/MiKTeX/2.7
without problems).

2. Somewhere else someone asked about lualatex + microtype. After
some tests I found the following solution:

\documentclass[fontsize=12pt]{scrartcl}
\usepackage{luaotfload}
\usepackage[EU2]{fontenc}
\usepackage{microtype}
\usepackage{lipsum}

\usepackage{fontspec}

\newfontfeature{Microtype}{protrusion=default;expansion=default;}
\setmainfont[Microtype,Ligatures=TeX]{Linux Libertine O}

%or without \newfontfeature
%\setmainfont[RawFeature={protrusion=default;expansion=default;},Ligatures=TeX]{Linux
% Libertine O}

\begin{document}
\lipsum
\end{document}

Is \newfontfeature the right command to add such new features? And
if yes what would be good names for the microtype features?

--
Ulrike Fischer