[latexrefman-discuss] starting and ending

Karl Berry karl at domain.hid
Sun Apr 26 18:45:25 CEST 2015

Hi Jim,

    ! To turn it into output you should follow the directions in the
    ! documentation for your @TeX{} distribution.

I think we can leave this info to be implied in the next section.  Maybe
there should be another section after engines on ide's vs. terminal
usage, or maybe that is beyond our scope.

    ! Note that @LaTeX{} is case sensitive so that @code{\begin at domain.hid@}}
    ! will work but @code{\begin at domain.hid@}} will not.  Most commands are

I think the best approach here would be a new section to discuss the
basic input syntax.  I haven't bothered writing it since every other
manual in existence talks about it, so it doesn't seem especially
needed.  Anyway, I put in your paragraph and combined with other notes.
(All commented out.)

thanks as always,
karl