[l2h] Failed to convert image

Ross Moore ross.moore at mq.edu.au
Sun Sep 8 23:12:23 CEST 2013

Hello Murat,

On 09/09/2013, at 3:03 AM, Murat Akman wrote:

> Hi,
> I remember this is an old problem which was completely solved, but I could not remember/find how to solve this.

You seem to have generated an image that is totally blank.
To find out why, locate at the images.tex  file for this
and look for what appears after  \begin{document} .

That should give some clue as to what is happening.
Then you'll be able to tell whether an image is really
needed or not.
If not, then it should be pretty clear what coding is not
being treated ideally. LaTeX has many ways to handle
*conditional code* (i.e. source that you want in LaTeX
when generating a PDF, but not for HTML).

> I am using Debian 6 and texlive 2013 which I installed it manually. I have a personal latex2html-init file in hime directory. Before reinstalling latex2html and texlive 2013 I successfully used latex2html many times even for quite long papers and tex files.
>

> Could someone help to figure out the problem and what to do to run latex2html successfully?
> thanks a lot
>
> murat
>

> GS>Running "/usr/bin/pnmcrop -verbose  < /tmp/l2h18001/p18015.pnm | /usr/bin/pnmcrop -verbose  -bot  -sides  | /usr/bin/pnmcrop -verbose  -l  -sides   > /tmp/l2h18001/p18015.t01"
> pnmcrop: Background color is white
> pnmcrop: The image is entirely background; there is nothing to crop.
> pnmcrop: EOF / read error reading magic number
> pnmcrop: EOF / read error reading magic number
> pstoimg: Error: "/usr/bin/pnmcrop -verbose  < /tmp/l2h18001/p18015.pnm | /usr/bin/pnmcrop -verbose  -bot  -sides  | /usr/bin/pnmcrop -verbose  -l  -sides   > /tmp/l2h18001/p18015.t01" failed:
> Debug (syswait): Finished child process: #18015
>  at /usr/local/bin/latex2html line 4230
>
> Error while converting image
>
> Error: Cannot read 'img1.gif': No such file or directory
>
> *********** WARNINGS ***********
> No implementation found for style `graphicx'
> No implementation found for style `fancyhdr'
> No implementation found for style `subfigure'
> No implementation found for style `hyperref'
> No implementation found for style `url'
> No implementation found for style `geometry'
>
> Failed to convert image /tmp/l2h18001/image001.ps
>
> To resolve the image conversion problems please consult
> the "Troubleshooting" section of your local User Manual
> or read it online at
>    http://www-texdev.ics.mq.edu.au/l2h/docs/manual/
>

> Unknown commands: : ;
> Done.

Hope this helps,

	Ross

Ross Moore                                       ross.moore at mq.edu.au
Mathematics Department                           office: E7A-206