[l2h] table generation problem

Carel Adolfse orni at xs4all.nl
Thu Oct 2 00:00:40 CEST 2003

Hello list,

I recently upgraded from an old Suse 7 linux distro to Redhat 8 / Lyx 1.3.1
and I am having problems with html tables generated with latex2html.

Having an exported tex file with only a table, the conversion works well, If I
put the table after a section {} part it still works fine, but putting the
table after a section{} and subsection{} screws up the html. Only the first
row is translated to html. Howcome?

This part of the malfunctioning TEX code (with subsection part)

>>begin quote<<

%% LyX 1.3 created this file.  For more info, see http://www.lyx.org/.
%% Do not edit unless you really know what you are doing.
\documentclass[a4paper,english]{article}
\usepackage{times}
\usepackage[T1]{fontenc}
\usepackage[latin1]{inputenc}
\usepackage{fancyhdr}
\pagestyle{fancy}
\usepackage{array}

\makeatletter

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% LyX specific LaTeX commands.
%% Because html converters don't know tabularnewline
\providecommand{\tabularnewline}{\\}

\usepackage{babel}
\makeatother
\begin{document}

\section{whatever Section}

\subsection{whatever Subsection}

\begin{center}\begin{tabular}{|p{45mm}p{60mm}|}
\hline
\multicolumn{2}{|l|}{\textbf{validation data }}\tabularnewline
\hline

>>end quote<<

Can anyone help me out? For now I worked around the problem by translating the
Tex code to html 2.0 showing tables as images.....

Carel