[l2h] latex to html messes up maths fonts

Raphael Clifford raphael at clifford.net
Sun Feb 2 15:13:20 CET 2003

To follow up a previous email I sent I have attached below a simple
latex test file which I can not translate into html at all correctly.
The worst problem is that the inline maths comes out completely wrong.
Any help is very much appreciated.

Cheers,
Raphael

%% LyX 1.2 created this file.  For more info, see http://www.lyx.org/.
%% Do not edit unless you really know what you are doing.
\documentclass[a4paper,english]{foils}
\usepackage[T1]{fontenc}
\usepackage[latin1]{inputenc}
\usepackage{graphicx}
\usepackage{foilhtml,html}

\makeatletter

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% LyX specific LaTeX commands.
\providecommand{\LyX}{L\kern-.1667em\lower.25em\hbox{Y}\kern-.125emX\@}
%% Bold symbol macro for standard LaTeX users
\newcommand{\boldsymbol}[1]{\mbox{\boldmath $#1$}}

\usepackage{babel}
\makeatother
\begin{document}

\foilhead[-0.5in]{Interconnection networks}

\begin{itemize}
\item Interconnection networks can be \textbf{static} or
\textbf{dynamic}
\item \textbf{Static} networks are point-to-point. They are sometimes
called
\textbf{direct}
\item Typically used for message-passing computers
\item \textbf{Dynamic} networke are built using switches and
communication
links
\item \textbf{Dynamic} networks are referred to as \textbf{indirect }
\item Typically used to construct shared-address-space computers
\end{itemize}

\foilhead[-0.5in]{Dynamic Interconnection Networks}

\begin{itemize}
\item Consider implementing an EREW PRAM with $p$ processors and $m$
words
of RAM
\item The number of switching elements needed is $\Theta (mp)$
\item If the memory is organised into $b$ banks this can be reduced to
$\Theta (bp)$ switching elements
\item However, the model is weakened as no two processors can access the
same bank of memory simultaneously
\item We always assume that $p<b$. Otherwise a processor may be left
with
no memory it can access
\end{itemize}

\end{document}