[l2h] Re: Missing feature in l2h 2k.1

Ross Moore ross@ics.mq.edu.au
Mon, 6 Aug 2001 10:52:01 +1000 (EST)

Hi Daniel,

>  latex2html 2k.1beta understands \^\i{} to be î but NOT \^{\i}
> which suggests $ACCENT_IMAGE

I cannot reproduce this behaviour at all.
What I do get is a message:
   *** Warning: couldn't convert character inodot into available encodings

which corresponds to {\i} being converted *before* the \^ is processed,
due to the expansion order used with LaTeX2HTML.
The result of the conversion is a simple 'i',
so that the accent sees  \^i  which is then translated correctly.

If $ACCENT_IMAGES is set, the message becomes:
   *** Warning: couldn't convert character inodot into available encodings, using image

...but in fact there is no image, as it still uses 'i'.

>  This is unfirtunate sine many 8 bit -> 7 bit converters choose this
> representartion.

Does your site behave differently to this ?

Hope this helps,

	Ross