[kadingira] BiDi reordering and text shaping in LuaTeX using luaharfbuzz and luabidi

Deepak Jois deepak.jois at gmail.com
Fri May 19 13:24:20 CEST 2017

I assume this is relevant and of interest to this list, although most of
the latest posts here seems to be Babel related. I apologise if it isn’t.

After a few months of working on it off and on, I was able to integrate
BiDi reordering and Harfbuzz shaping in LuaTeX at the node processing
level. The mechanism is pretty generic and could work on different kinds of
nodelists.

The code and the instructions to run it are here:
https://github.com/deepakjois/luatex-harfbuzz (tested on OS X only, but
should work on Linux as well and maybe on Windows). I am using a few Lua
packages which are hosted on LuaRocks. So a working Lua 5.2 installation is
also required, along with LuaTeX.

Please try it out if you are interested and let me know if you have any
feedback.

Regards
Deepak