[Indic-dev] Latex Workshop -Pune

Amitabh Trehan amitabhtex at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 13 05:37:21 CET 2003

> Also this can be an approtunity to meet  Indic-dev
> list. Any body from
> listers should take lead for that. (Since it is in
> Pune we can take care
> of local hospitality and other things can be
> decided...)
> (May be Ajit, Mumbai can take lead.)
>
> with best regards,
> Manjusha Joshi

Ya, manjusha is a good host - I can verify that. This
can  revive an old idea of Manjushas- why not have a
indic-dev development workshop along with this
tutorial (i.e. if we have thought of somethings to
work on). Yes, I think it is pretty important to
explore presentation techniques using TeX (so teaching
pdflatex/pdfscreen).
 So-->
  1) Explain the life-cycle and incarnations of TeX
documents (i.e. interconvertibilities to various open
standards) , which is what I find fascinating about
TeX.
 2) offer it as a complete solution - typesetting,
e-publishing, presentations. unfortunately, I am not
sure if ConTeXt can be managed here, otherwise it can
be pretty good and I'll be rather keen to learn it.
 3) What CD is being planned? I'll repeat the
suggestion of multi-platform TeXLive (that should be 2
CDs of TL8, when available, any reports?) modified to
Manjusha's needs (i.e. additional goodies added, if
any because most inluding Winshell, TeXNiccenter are
bundleed).

Amitabh

=====