[ho-tex] CTAN Upload: Oberdiek

Petra Ruebe-Pugliese petra at ctan.org
Thu May 12 21:14:00 CEST 2016

On Thursday 12 May 2016 at 17:17:15 +0100  David Carlisle (d.p.carlisle at gmail.com) wrote:

> I think they were already different in the oberdiek.zip and
> oberdiek.tds.zip that I downloaded last week to start the new
> repository.

 I just performed the same check on what is currently installed
 on the archive:

  petra at comedy:~$ TdsFaultFinder $TA//macros/latex/contrib/oberdiek $TA/install//macros/latex/contrib/oberdiek.tds.zip
  WARNING: /serv/ftp/pub/tex//install//macros/latex/contrib/oberdiek.tds.zip: source/latex/oberdiek/hobsub.dtx: files are different in tds and non-install/ tree
  WARNING: /serv/ftp/pub/tex//install//macros/latex/contrib/oberdiek.tds.zip: source/latex/oberdiek/oberdiek.tex: files are different in tds and non-install/ tree
  WARNING: /serv/ftp/pub/tex//install//macros/latex/contrib/oberdiek.tds.zip: source/latex/oberdiek/oberdiek.ins: files are different in tds and non-install/ tree
  WARNING: /serv/ftp/pub/tex//install//macros/latex/contrib/oberdiek.tds.zip: source/latex/oberdiek/hopatch.dtx: files are different in tds and non-install/ tree
  WARNING: /serv/ftp/pub/tex//install//macros/latex/contrib/oberdiek.tds.zip: doc/latex/oberdiek/hopatch.pdf: pdf files are different in tds and non-install/ tree (in more than just creation or modification datestamp)
  WARNING: /serv/ftp/pub/tex//install//macros/latex/contrib/oberdiek.tds.zip: doc/latex/oberdiek/hobsub.pdf: pdf files are different in tds and non-install/ tree (in more than just creation or modification datestamp)
  WARNING: /serv/ftp/pub/tex//install//macros/latex/contrib/oberdiek.tds.zip: doc/latex/oberdiek/oberdiek.pdf: pdf files are different in tds and non-install/ tree (in more than just creation or modification datestamp)
  WARNING: /serv/ftp/pub/tex//install//macros/latex/contrib/oberdiek.tds.zip: bibtex/bib/oberdiek/oberdiek-bundle.bib: files are different in tds and non-install/ tree
  Done.

 I also compared version numbers in .dtx and .xml files and
 found that the version numbers in hobsub.xml and hopatch.xml
 were superior (!) to the ones in the corresponding .dtx files.

 Did something go wrong here during one of the last updates?
 Did the "unpacked" part fail to get properly installed?

    Wondering,
      Petra

--
Please send messages to ctan at ctan.org in English only.
Please do not send HTML messages, they are held in our spam filter.