[ho-tex] hyperref/oberdiek and ftp://tug.org

Manfred Lotz manfred at ctan.org
Tue May 10 09:14:43 CEST 2016

On Tue, 10 May 2016 07:44:46 +0100
David Carlisle <d.p.carlisle at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 10 May 2016 at 05:44, Manfred Lotz <manfred at ctan.org> wrote:
> > On Tue, 10 May 2016 01:53:50 GMT
> > Karl Berry <karl at freefriends.org> wrote:
> >
> >> Hello CTAN - I am not sure if you were ftp-mirroring hyperref and
> >> oberdiek from tug.org or if Heiko uploaded them to both places.
> >> Anyway, with the new regime, I archived
> >> tug.org:~ftp/tex/{hyperref,oberdiek} to try to avoid confusion.  So
> >> if they don't show up in your mirroring run, that's why :).  -k
> >>

> > Yes, indeed. There is a mirror which grabs oberdiek and hyperref
> > from tug.org and it did last night. So the packages are downgraded
> > by this procedure as it seems.
> >
> > I reinstalled both hyperref and oberdiek.
> >
> > I don't know the history of that mirror. What is the permanent
> > solution now?
> >
> > - You moved the stuff out of the way, and we leave the mirror as it
> >   is?
> >
> > - We remove both hyperref and oberdiek grabbing from the mirror
> > config?
> >
> > - Future update will come in by mirror again?
>
> Unless Karl says something different I think it would be best if
> future updates go
> the usual route and get uploaded to ctan first from the new sources
> on github. so you lose the mirror.

Sound good to me. Additionally, one should note that although via
mirroring we (usually) notice an update and adjust the versions in our
catalogue files there would be no announcement, of course.

So, as I do not expect anybody to disagree I will disable the mirror
for oberdiek and hyperref during the day.

> The changes at tug.org are confusing, in particular they confused me
> and I accidentally dropped some changes that had been made previously
> in texlive as I started from a base of files from CTAN.
>
> Karl spotted this while re-integrating the new files, so
> unfortunately I'll need to do another update of oberdiek bundle
> today, sorry.

No prob.

--
Best, Manfred