[ho-tex] hyperref/oberdiek and ftp://tug.org

David Carlisle d.p.carlisle at gmail.com
Tue May 10 08:44:46 CEST 2016

On 10 May 2016 at 05:44, Manfred Lotz <manfred at ctan.org> wrote:
> On Tue, 10 May 2016 01:53:50 GMT
> Karl Berry <karl at freefriends.org> wrote:
>
>> Hello CTAN - I am not sure if you were ftp-mirroring hyperref and
>> oberdiek from tug.org or if Heiko uploaded them to both places.
>> Anyway, with the new regime, I archived
>> tug.org:~ftp/tex/{hyperref,oberdiek} to try to avoid confusion.  So
>> if they don't show up in your mirroring run, that's why :).  -k
>>

> Yes, indeed. There is a mirror which grabs oberdiek and hyperref from
> tug.org and it did last night. So the packages are downgraded by this
> procedure as it seems.
>
> I reinstalled both hyperref and oberdiek.
>
> I don't know the history of that mirror. What is the permanent
> solution now?
>
> - You moved the stuff out of the way, and we leave the mirror as it
>   is?
>
> - We remove both hyperref and oberdiek grabbing from the mirror config?
>
> - Future update will come in by mirror again?

Unless Karl says something different I think it would be best if
future updates go
the usual route and get uploaded to ctan first from the new sources on github.
so you lose the mirror.

The changes at tug.org are confusing, in particular they confused me and I
accidentally dropped some changes that had been made previously in texlive
as I started from a base of files from CTAN.

Karl spotted this while re-integrating the new files, so unfortunately I'll need
to do another update of oberdiek bundle today, sorry.

David