[gentium] font variants for pdflatex

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Thu May 25 23:11:28 CEST 2023

    Then, you can enable the TrueType fonts:
    updmap-sys --enable Map=gentium-truetype.map

Very nice!

    I thought that this is described in the PDF documentation of the
    gentium-tug package, but it is not.

Yes, we should definitely add a note about that.

    I should add at least some short note that you can use both Type 1
    and TrueType fonts. I think this is rather exception than rule.

Definitely. I don't know of any other font packages with support to use
TrueType fonts with pdftex. --thanks much, karl.