[gentium] gentium -> victor?

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Fri Apr 10 02:47:09 CEST 2015

    - ask Victor for approval (Karl)

I changed ff-gentium.pe to describe Gentium Plus 5.000 as a "major
update" (per the sil web site) instead of a "maintenance release".  I
suspected that Victor would be happier that way.

However, my version of fontforge is too old to regenerate the pfb's.
That is, it runs to completion and generates something, but the results
don't have the same hinting, or many other differences.  So I don't want
to send that to Victor.

So ... Pavel, can you regenerate the pfb's please?

(Also, I see the fontforge version you used dates from 2012.  I wouldn't
be surprised if a newer version had better results in some details.  Not
that I propose that it needs to be tried right now, but something to
think about for the future.)

thanks,