[Fontinst] Adding unencoded glyph

Ulrich Dirr ud at art-satz.de
Wed Mar 31 11:40:05 CEST 2004

Hi,

I'm trying to setup fontinst for Linotype Helvetica Neue. Everything
is working quiet nice except that I'm obviously too stupid to get the
'currency' glyph. The point is that Linotype as encoded the Euro twice
as 'Euro' and 'currency'. The original currency sign is stored as
'oldcurrency'. Of course when generating the text companion fonts I
want both characters.

The reencoded font lhnj8r has a line
\setscalednotglyph{oldcurrency}{lhnj8r}{10pt}{1000}{-1}{556}{588}{-92}
{0}

One fontinst instruction looks like
\installfont{lhnj8c}{lhnj8r,lhnj9z,unsetcurrency,resetcurrency,textcom
p}{ts1}{TS1}{lhn}{ul}{n}{}

unsetcurrency.mtx has
\relax
\metrics
\unsetglyph{currency}
\endmetrics

whereas in resetcurrency.mtx I tried two variations which seemed ok
for me but doesn't work. The first produced an error message like
'missing number' while the second doesn't work at all.
(1)
\relax
\metrics
\resetglyph{currency}
   \glyph{oldcurrency}{1000}
\endsetglyph
\setleftrightkerning{currency}{oldcurrency}{1000}
\endmetrics
(2)
\relax
\metrics