[edutex] Introduction

Jonathan Fine jfine2358 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 16 19:27:24 CEST 2016

Hi Boris

Thank you for your kind words. Of course I'll share the link to the
workshop we had yesterday, when it appears. It was a workshop in that the
structure was flat, and that we introduced ourselves and shared about
ourselves, our experience, skills and hopes. Much as we have been doing
here. In fact, that's where the idea for the workshop session came from.

That's all we had time for, but the discussion fed into the Committee
meeting that took place afterwards. Again, I expect that the resulting
decisions will in due course be reported at http://uk.tug.org/. I'll send a
link to this thread to the UK TUG committee list.

At the workshop session there were as I recall 11 or us, including 2
members of the LaTeX3 team and 3 past or present TUG board members. And a
graduate student attending their first UK TUG meeting. Despite that, I
think the average age was probably over 50 (and the average gender entirely
male).

Jonathan