[edutex] Introduction

Boris Veytsman borisv at lk.net
Thu Sep 1 17:01:25 CEST 2016

Greetings to the subscribers of the TeX in Education mailing list

In USSR and post USSR countries the new school year starts September
1, so it is customary to congratulate teachers and wish them another
happy and productive year.  Let me give my best wishes to all
educators here.

Well, let us start some work here.  I suggest a round of
introductions: telling the other subscribers (1) who you are, (2) what
is your education experience, (3) what is your TeX experience, (4)
what do you expect from the group, and (5) what can you offer to the
group.

I will start with myself.

1.  I am Boris Veytsman.  I live in Virginia, USA. I work for an
    engineering company (Harris, Inc), perform some research and
    occasional teaching in George Mason University, and do TeX & other
    research consulting.  My website is http://borisv.lk.net

2.  I have been teaching since 1983.  I did tutoring, high school
    teaching, undergraduate & graduate courses and invited seminars.
    Physics, some applied math topics, Unix, TeX.

3.  I work with TeX since 1994.  Wrote some packages, consulted,
    taught.

4.  I want us to develop course materials: videos, lecture plans,
    suggested syllabi, maybe software etc.

5.  I can write and edit texts, software, provide feedback.  I will be
    interested in your suggestions about the best use of my help.

--
Good luck

-Boris

Cancel me not -- for what then shall remain?
Abscissas, some mantissas, modules, modes,
A root or two, a torus and a node:
The inverse of my verse, a null domain.
		-- Stanislaw Lem, "Cyberiad"