Some comments on TDS

K. Berry TWG-TDS@SHSU.edu
Mon, 13 Nov 1995 10:44:12 -0500

    under a misc directory still defeats the idea of a directory structure that
    eases maintenance.

True, but I think we cannot mandate that everyone put every single file
in its own directory. If a particular TeX maintainer (you :-) or package
maintainer wishes to use a separate directory for each, that's perfectly
ok, and nothing in the TDS precludes this. I will add explicit text to
this effect.

    One more thought about the draft. I don't think it is appropriate to specify a
    reserved tmp directory under the tex hierarchy for dynamically-generated fonts.

Again, there's nothing that says you have to use tmp, or even that it
has to exist. It won't be in my next release, for example.
I am not opposed to removing it, but I see no harm in leaving it.

Thanks for your comments.