Y&Y's DVIWindo Previewer
A Component of the Y&Y TeX System
- The only application of any kind that provides for on the fly reencoding of scalable outline fonts while using Adobe Type Manager
- Makes unencoded characters accessible --- and allows arbitrary character layouts in text fonts --- without physically altering the fonts' outline and Windows metrics files
- Uses only scalable outline fonts (Adobe Type 1 or TrueType); does not require bitmaps. Previewed documents can contain arbitrary fonts, not just Computer Modern
- Displays documents at any desired magnification
- Prints to any device that has a Windows printer driver, including HP, IBM, dot-matrix and PostScript printers, even fax boards and Acrobat PDF Writer.
- Uses the standard Windows graphical user interface
- Copies regions to the Windows Clipboard for pasting into other Windows applications --- in Windows Metafile (WMF) format, not as bitmaps
- Built-in "TeX Menu" integrates all of the Y&Y TeX modules, including DVIPSONE, Y&Y TeX itself and the editor. This menu is fully customizable --- you can call any Windows program, console application, or DOS program from it.
- Supports the twelve most popular \special's for figure inclusion
- Supports insertion of images in TIFF and WMF format, using \special
- Displays WMFs, and TIFFs that have EPSF or EPSI preview headers in EPS files
- Supports colored text and rules and reverse video, using \special
- Supports the TPIC \specials for device-independent graphics
- Provides \special's for hypertext linkage --- even to launch other applications
- Creates AFM and TFM files for any scalable outline font in Windows
- Provides text-string search, 2-page "spreads," and "greyed text"
- Notices when the DVI file has changed and redisplays automatically
- Preserves user preferences, graphical specification of zoom area
- Accommodates multiple instances loaded simultaneously to view different documents
- Displays a list of fonts used, as well as maps of character sets for all fonts
- Supports color coding of text in different fonts