Re: MathML

At 14:42 +0200 97/10/07, Ulrik Vieth wrote:
>>   I suggest readers of this group to have a look at the MathML protocol
>> <http://www.w3.org/>:
>
>I think I've already pointed this out some time back, but thanks for the
>reminder anyway.

  It appeared inside discussions in the LaTeX3 mailing list in June and
this month, but I wanted to get the attention of "laymen" that may read
these groups, and in this group especially for the following:

>Anyway, it would be nice if someone could find the time to do a
>detailed comparison of both, particularly
>- what kinds of symbols are in MathML and Unicode that we don't have
>- what kinds of symbols do we have, that don't existing elsewhere
>- what kinds of symbols have been proposed, that don't exist anywhere

  Because I figure the gaps will be discovered by people checking if
"their" stuff is there. (See <http://www.unicode.org/Unicode.charts/> for
rendering of Unicode characters.)

  Hans Aberg
                  * AMS member: Listing <http://www.ams.org/cml/>