Re: Kerning in cmsy ?

On Wed, 16 Apr 1997, Frank Mittelbach wrote:

> well the skewchar of that font is '060 so what you see is the skew
> used for the calligraphic letters (and nothing else --- at least i
> hope you do not see anything else, i only looked into Computer Modern
> Typefaces not in the current pl file of that font)

Ok, thank you, I overlooked that fact, having the \skewchar=0 convention
in mind. There is no way to find out the skewchar without looking at
the macros in plain.tex, or is there ? Oh, I remember it was a proposal
(overcome by the skewchar = 0 convention )in Justin Zieglers article to
put that information in a fontdimen.

Matthias