Re: Familiy limit (was: About atomic encoding)

>Unless I have misunderstood the problem, you can just use
>\DeclareSymbolFont with an existing math symbol font as the first
>argument.

Yes, you can overwrite existing alphabets quite easily, but that's a
slightly different problem.  For example, you might have packages
`foo' and `baz', which together use 17 families.  So you'd like to be
able to say:

   \usepackage{undeclar}
   \UndeclareMathAlphabet{\mathsf}
   \usepackage{foo,baz}

If you just want to replace a math alphabet by hand, then
\DeclareSymbolFont does the right thing.

Alan.