Re: MX

>Putting all the tex specific glyphs in the MX encoding.

I'd say this goal isn't as important as the others, although it would be
nice if we could achieve it!

>Personnally I don't think it's only a matter of bringing tex to the rest
>of the world, but also bringing the rest of the world's fonts to tex.

This doesn't necessarily mean imposing the rest of the world's font
limits on TeX though!  Almost any way of including non-TeX fonts into TeX
involves VFs, and you can use VFs to do things like place big operators
below the baseline.  It would be nice if the encoding used in the dvi
file was the same as the encoding output by the dvi driver, but VF
technology means it doesn't necessarily have to be...

Alan.