Outing

Since it has become fashionable to out oneself's profession, here is mine:
I'm physicist, doing theoretical hadron physics. Under my favorite books
are the german edition of Landau--Lifschitz and Penrose and Rindler:
Spinors & space-time (Cambridge monographs on mathematical physics, 1984).

Especially the latter is interesting in notation:

\dagger, \ddager, \sharp, and \bullet used in superscripts
\pounds (upright!) used for Lie-derivative
\bbold is used (in sans serif style, not the AMS open face version)
\script and \boldscript are used
\cyr{d} is used for a derivative (small, upright)
\eth and \thorn occur (upright)
\sf is used in math
\mathrm{d} in integral measures

Many types of indices, italic, upright, normal, bold, latin, greek, upper,
lower in nearly all orthogonally possible combinations. If those indices are
filled in with numbers, only the default number style is used.

--J"org Knappen