Re: design size

I think I struck a chord here. That's good. Now tell me how you would
carry your .pk files in your portable. Will you carry all the
companion programs to TeX, such as MF, gftopk etc everywhere you go?
Besides, I should also have mentioned that AMS now uses Times-Roman as its main font]
in its journals. If they see it acceptable to scale fonts, who am I
to argue?

There is one more major problem though. And that is the huge size
of the PostScript files generated when one uses different
design sizes, which in many cases yields a VM error on most modest
printers.
-Sami