the TeX world
(Typesetting, fonts, self-publishing, …)
TUG 2014: July 28-30, 2014
The 35th Annual Meeting of the TeX Users Group
Concurrent introductory LaTeX workshop
on July 28
Mark Spencer Hotel,
409 SW 11th Ave.
Portland, Oregon 97205 USA
Dates and deadlines
information provided separately, along with lots of other information on visiting Portland and
the surrounding area.
- Rooms are reserved for TUG conference participants at the Mark Spencer Hotel in downtown
Portland, Oregon. THIS IS NOT A LARGE HOTEL. IT IS IMPORTANT TO
MAKE YOUR HOTEL RESERVATION ASAP. You can cancel any time up to 24
hours before arrival, so it is better to reserve now and cancel later if
- You can reserve rooms online as follows:
- Go to the hotel home page.
- Scroll down to the last section of the page, where it says
“Access special negotiated rates using your unique Group
login and Password [here]”, and click the [here] link.
- The next page has a radio button for Group or Travel Agent: select
Group, if it isn't already. And it asks for a “Group ID or
EMail”: enter TEXUSERS; and for a password: enter
tug. Click the Log In button.
- The next page asks you to select a “Group Leader”:
only one is available (322955). Just click the [Select] link.
- Finally, you are at the page where you can choose your
arrival/departure dates (if you change them, click the Search For
Availability button right below), and room type, etc.
- Or you can reserve rooms by phone: 800-548-3934 in the US, or
+1 503-224-3293. Mention the “TeX Users Group 2014
- Our discounted rate is $156/night for a standard queen room, $10
more for a standard king, and $10 more again for a small suite.
These rates are available until June 30, but book earlier!
Portland is a popular summer destination. If you try to book before
then, and discounted rooms are not available, please contact TUG so we
can try to have the hotel make more rooms available.
- The discounted rates are available for a couple of days before and
after the conference (subject to availability): from July 25 to
- Parking: available at the hotel, for an additional $18/day.
- Internet access: Free throughout the conference hotel;
provided at check-in for guest rooms and public spaces. We will post
the access codes for speakers in the conference rooms.
- Meals: Free Sunday night reception
at the hotel (July 27, 5-7pm)
and a banquet (optional extra) on Wednesday evening,
6:30pm, at Bluehour,
250 NW 13th Avenue, 92709; we enter on Everett St.
(walking map to banquet).
The registration fee includes lunch on each day of the meeting, as well as
morning and afternoon coffee breaks. The hotel also provides an
expanded continental breakfast and evening wine reception.
Thanks to David Latchman, we expect live tweeting of the conference
on hashtag #tug2014.
Mentioning the conference to colleagues and in any other contexts
would be very much appreciated. We'd also be grateful for any
posting of this one-page PDF flyer.
the TeX Users Group,
and many individual donors.
Thanks to all.
Additional sponsors greatly appreciated.
$Date: 2015/10/08 15:58:32 $;
previous TUG meeting -
next TUG meeting -
all TeX meetings