[yandytex] Release of Y&Y TeX 2.3.0.

Clerk Ma maqiyuan130324 at vip.qq.com
Sat Aug 30 16:34:27 CEST 2014

Hi,

I have take over the TUG's Y&Y TeX project several months ago. And I think that I can release Y&Y TeX 2.3.0 today.

Y&Y TeX's sources and a small distribution are available in:
  https://github.com/YandYTeX/

Compared with original Y&YTeX, there are lots changes:
  1. updated path searching module with current version of kpathsea
  2. rewrited most of codes and updated to TeX 3.14159265
  3. extended internal data struture of font handling,  maximal fonts is 65535
  4. used zlib for format dump's compression
  5. temporary disabled DVI output, only support PDF output with libdpx (a fork of dvipdfmx)
  6. removed system-dependent codes, current Y&YTeX can runs on Windows, Linux, Android and Mac OS X
  7. removed serial number checking codes

But, there are lots of thing needed to do:
  1. updating with eTeX (will finished in September)
  2. (for CJK languages users) a separated version with (u)pTeX's patches (will finished in September)
  3. packing a Android apk file (will finished in September)
  4. binding libm17n layout engine for multilingual typesetting (no schedule)
  5. rewrite dviwindo with Qt and supporting both DVI and PDF (no schedule)

Other supports like Lucida fonts and MathTime fonts are not available. These fonts are property wares.
Another simple reason is that I do not have these fonts and related style files.

Best Regards,
Clerk Ma.