[yandytex] cannot dvi->ps dings from AcroTeX Presentations Bundle

Murray Eisenberg murray at math.umass.edu
Sat Jun 20 22:06:47 CEST 2009

I'm installing AcroTeX Presentations Bundle 2.0 in separate locations
for MiKTeX and YandY TeX. I've reached the point in the installation
instruction where I'm testing the webdings and wingdings with
webding_tst.tex.  This works fine with MiKTeX.

With YandY, however, although I can LaTeX this file just fine and it
views as expected in dviwindo, when I try to convert it from .dvi to
.ps, the YandY converter crashes -- at least when I'm running it from
within WinEdt -- and gives a 0-byte .ps file. And if I use dvipsone.bat
directly from the command line (with the APB-recommended parameters) I
do get a .ps file (with various errors indicated when I try to view it
in GhostView) and then when I use Acrobat Distiller 8.1 I do see the
dings, but strangely the CM fonts are not found and are replaced by Courier!

The .tex->.dvi->.ps->.pdf process works perfectly (from within WinEdt)
on lots of non-APB source files.

I'm bewildered. Can you shed any light? What further diagnostic
information can I provide?
Murray Eisenberg                     murray at math.umass.edu
Mathematics & Statistics Dept.
Amherst, MA 01003-9305