[yandytex] Future of Y&Y-TeX

Jochen Autschbach jautschbach at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 20 04:18:57 CET 2009

Lately I've been using MiKTeX, LY1 encoding, and the old Y&Y dviwindo executable as the DVI previewer. This setup works fine with Y&Y's mathtimy package & fonts, and with the MTPro-II fonts. I have problems with Y&Y's Lucida because the old font names don't seem to be properly supported anymore in recent latex distributions. I was hoping that someone would figure out how to compile dviwindo in order to keep this excellent DVI viewer alive (esp. because one can copy & paste metafiles from dvi into powerpoint et al.).

Jochen