[yandytex] Installation/compatibility question: Y&Y + Vista Ultimate?

John L. Spiegelman spiegs at spiegs.net
Thu Feb 22 14:59:43 CET 2007

Hello,

I have been using Y&YTeX (with DVIWindo 2.2.1) under Win2K Pro happily for a
long time, but I just purchased a laptop with Windows Vista Ultimate. As I
feared/expected, I cannot get Y&Y to work properly. In addition to the same
font-related problems that some people seem to have been having will XP
installations for years (specifically that DVIWindo can't find fonts even
though they are installed), I can't even seem to print to a PS file because
Vista denies me permission---despite the fact that I use an administrator
account. Anyway, if anyone's been able to install good ol' Y&Y in a 64-bit
environment, I'd love to hear about it.

Thanks for your time, consideration, and expertise!

--John Spiegelman
spiegs at spiegs.net