[yandytex] Lucida fonts with lucimatx in YandY: TeX's OK, preview bombs

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Tue Feb 7 20:02:55 CET 2006

       Can't find Font:hlcrv (5), No Face Name
       (Windows offers: `Arial') at byte 416

It would seem the tfm and pfb names have to match up.

Therefore I would suggest making copies of the pfb and pfm files with
the hl* names, installing those with ATM, and see if the dviwindo works
then.  Just a guess.

The same would be needed for the TUG/CTAN lucidabr.dtx.

   distributed by PCTeX (and presumably likewise those distributed by TUG)
   still have all their names beginning "lb" --

Yes, both are the same wrt the fonts, as far as I know.

   lbd  (at two magnifications)
   lbi
   lbr  (at four magnifications)

It seems troublesome that *any* lb* names are being used as tfm's, but
maybe there is no harm in it.  I surmise it comes the {fontenc} stuff,
somehow, as there are no lb*.tfm files in the distribution that I know of.

Best,
Karl